MikeL's Guide to WA Wineries
WWC Photo contest - Apr-2000
-- Contest is concluded --
Thanks to all who participated!
(results near end of page)
This year's Washington Wine
Commission "Taste Washington" event included a photo session...
All the represented wineries had a person in the group photo.
There's a whole pile of people in the photo -- your job is to name as
many as you can.
The three entries with the highest number of correct names will
receive a prize, courtesy of Vintners.Net.
- 1st place: Dinner for four (the winner and companion,
plus MikeL and his wife Beth) at the
Goat Italian restaurant in Woodinville, plus a bottle of wine from
- 2nd place: a bottle of wine worth up to $35 from any WA
winery whose winemaker is in the photo, plus a bottle of wine from
- 3rd place: a bottle of wine from
Click on the photo for a larger image, and directions for entering...
There were 8 entries made.
2 entrants were disqualified as "industry insiders".
The 1st place winner had the same number correct as I (MikeL) did initially: 16.
It was a little trickey scoring these, as there's still quite a few people in that photo that I don't know, and who were not identified by my industry friends.
The 3 winners have been notified -- thanks everyone -- it was fun!
Updated 18-Nov-2000: The First place dinner at the Golden Goat in
Woodinville -- Thanks to Jeff Boswell:
|Beth and Mike
||Kimberly and Perry
I hope to come up with additional contests in the future -- don't
hesitate to mail me any ideas you may have for a contest:
send email to mikel
- There will be only three winners selected. In event of matched
scores, the prizes will be allocated by coin toss.
- The winners will be notified by email. Arrangements for pickup or
delivery of the prizes will be made with winner at that time.
- Only one entry per person allowed, only one guess in that entry.
- Contest closes 31-Jul-2000 -- entries must be submitted by email,
before this time.
- Industry insiders are welcome to submit, but we ask that they're
identified as such and refrain from claiming prizes -- in other
words, please be nice -- this is all intended in fun!
Thanks to all for participating!
Welcome to MikeL's WA Winery Guide (http://vintners.net/wawine/)
up to MikeL's WA Winery Guide -- Main Index
Copyright © 1995-2016